Android Quick APIs Reference is a condensed code and APIs reference for the new Google Android 5.0 SDK. It presents the essential Android APIs in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a software development kit and APIs reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any mobile or Android app developer or programmer.
In the Android Quick APIs Reference, you will find a concise reference to the Android SDK and its APIs using the official Android Studio IDE. This reference is small and handy and ideal for taking with you to your appointments with your clients.
What you’ll learn
• A short introduction to the Android platform and its development environment
• Using the essential parts of Android applications, such as user interface components, notifications, and resources
• Storing and accessing data using Android APIs
• Accessing device location and using device sensors
• Recording and playing back video and audio content
• Accessing the camera
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy syntax reference for experienced Android programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Android.
Table of Contents
1. Android Primer
2. Development Environment
3. Application Components
4. Application Resources
5. GUI Fundamentals
6. GUI Components
7. Persisting Data
9. Location and Sensors