Beginning Android Programming with Android Studio
As the dominant mobile platform today, the Android OS is a powerful and flexible platform for mobile device. The new Android 7 release (New York Cheesecake) boasts significant new features and enhancements for both smartphone and tablet applications. This step-by-step resource takes a hands-on approach to teaching you how to create Android applications for the latest OS and the newest devices, including both smartphones and tablets.
- Shows you how to install, get started with, and use Android Studio 2 - the simplest Android developer tool ever for beginners
- Addresses how to display notifications, create rich user interfaces, and use activities and intents
- Reviews mastering views and menus and managing data
- Discusses working with SMS
- Looks at packaging and publishing applications to the Android market