The Google Play services SDK is an extension to the Android SDK and is available as a downloadable package from the SDK Manager. The download includes the client library and code samples.
To develop using the Google Play services APIs, you must download the Google Play services SDK. Google Play services is not supported on the Android emulator, a physical device runs Android 2.2 or higher must be used to run and debug apps using Google Play services SDK.
To install Google Play services SDK from Eclipse:
- Window > Android SDK Manager.
- Scroll to the bottom of the package list, select and install Extras > Google Play services.
- Accept and install.
- After installed, import the library project into your workspace. Click File > Import
- Select Android > Existing Android Code into Workspace, and browse to the copy of the library project to import it.
- click Browse to select <android-sdk-folder>/extras/google/google_play_services/libproject/google-play-services_lib, and click Finish.
A simple example using Google Maps Android API v2, step by step.