The increase in Android devices featuring Intel processors has created a demand for Android applications optimized for Intel Architecture: Android Application Development for the Intel® Platform is the perfect introduction for software engineers and mobile app developers. Through well-designed app samples, code samples and case studies, the book teaches Android application development based on the Intel platform—including for smartphones, tablets, and embedded devices—covering performance tuning, debugging and optimization.
Android Application Development for the Intel Platform
This book is jointly developed for individual learning by Intel Software College and China Shanghai JiaoTong University.
What you’ll learn
- Comprehensive introduction to the Intel ® Embedded and mobile hardware platform
- Android app GUI design principles and guidelines
- Covers the latest Intel Android development tools, including Intel Beacon Mountain version 0.6 and the Intel Compiler
- NDK and C/C++ optimization
- Designing and optimizing for low-power consumption
The book is primarily for app developers, software engineers and open-source programming enthusiasts, but can also be used by for training programs and Codeacademy-style programs.