Today, a mobile device user prefers installed application over browsing internet; e.g. booking cab, buying movie tickets, watching you tube videos etc. Market share of mobile devices based on android, iOS & Windows Phone is considerable. Creating an installable application targeting these multiple devices involves too much of pain because of expertise required e.g. Java for android, Objective C for iOS and DotNET for Windows Phone. Shortcomings of this development approach are - more development time, it requires different expertise & involves less reusability of the code.
A solution to this problem is HTML 5, JQuery, CSS 3 based - Hybrid Mobile Applications .
These hybrid applications needs to be created once but after packaging can be deployed on multiple mobile devices like Android, iOS & Windows Phone. This kind of application development has edge over native application development.
This book covers:
- Basics of Hybrid Application Development
- Platforms, Frameworks used for Hybrid Application Development
- Hybrid Application Development using available APIs
- Accessing data in hybrid application
- Role of JSON over XML in hybrid application
- Code Security