The is based on the Android 2.2.1 (Froyo branch). We fixed and added many x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Kernel 18.104.22.168 with KMS enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- Hardware OpenGL acceleration for Intel integrated graphic chipsets. It is turned on by default if the i915 driver is available. However, if you have trouble with it, you can disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline. (by olv from 0xlab)
- Wifi and Ethernet support. Both are configured from the GUI.
- Support 3G USB modem with auto-configuration.
- A text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
- The installer is improved to support read-write mode, as well as a tool to create a fake sdcard.
- Bluetooth support for builtin device and external bluetooth dongle.
- Keyboard layout is configurable. To use it, you have to install Android-x86 to harddisk and reboot after changing the setting.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted on plugging.
- Add touch features to simulate Home/Menu/Back keys, useful for touchscreen only devices.
- Add software mouse cursor. Mouse wheel is also supported.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
- MirBSD Korn Shell (mksh) is added to replace android's dumb sh.
- Touchscreen calibration.
- Battery status percentage.
- AndAppStore client 1.6.8.
- Atom optimization for dalvik and bionic.