Android Studio 0.1.8 just released to address several bugs in 0.1.7 around gradle builds. In addition, there are the following changes:
- Support for running instrumentation tests on device. Tests should be created in the folder "src/instrumentTest/java" (of the main application or a library) following the conventions described at http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/new-build-system/user-guide#TOC-Testing
- To run them, simply right click on the test and click on Run as type Android Junit test.
- You can also create a new run configuration of type "Android Test" and specify whether you want to run all the tests in a module, package, class or just a single test.
- NOTE: Debugging tests will be supported in the next release
- 0.1.8 also comes with a brand new implementation of a resource manager in the IDE, used for layout preview, editor resource folding, etc. This should address many bugs reported in earlier versions (such as @id attributes not being handled properly in RelativeLayouts, bugs with opening layouts after making edits, etc, and should be more performant.
- New lint check validating device admin receivers
Details: Android Tools Project Site - Android Studio 0.1.8 Released
Post a Comment