Pro Android Graphics is a comprehensive goldmine of knowledge and techniques that will help you design, create, and optimize 2D graphics for use in your Android Jelly Bean applications. Android application developer and expert multimedia producer Wallace Jackson of Mind Taffy Design shows you how to leverage Android's powerful graphics APIs in conjunction with professional open source graphics design tools such as GIMP 2.8.6 and more.
You’ll learn about:
You’ll learn about:
- The foundational graphics concepts behind the three core new media areas (digital imaging, digital video, and 2D animation) which relate to graphics design, and how to optimize these new media assets for your Android applications across iTVs, tablets, eReaders, game consoles, and smartphones.
- Digital imaging techniques for Android apps design, including graphics design layouts and graphical user interface elements, and how to use image compositing techniques to take your digital imaging to far higher levels.
- Advanced image compositing and blending techniques, using Android’s PorterDuff, NinePatch, and LayerDrawable classes.
- Advanced 2D animation techniques, using Android’s Animation and AnimationDrawable classes.
- Digital video optimization, playback, and streaming, using open source 3D (Terragen 3) and video (VirtualDub) applications, as well as professional video editing applications such as Squeeze Pro 9. You’ll use these software packages with Android’s VideoView and MediaPlayer classes, and add compositing to enhance your end-users’ digital video experience.
What you’ll learn
- How to build graphics rich Android apps and games
- What are the key Android Graphics support APIs: Images, Animation and Video Concepts
- What are the digital imaging techniques for Android apps
- What are the advanced animation techniques for Android apps
- How to do digital video optimization for Android apps
Who this book is for
Pro Android Graphics is written for experienced Android developers and advanced multimedia artisans, especially those who want to create rich, vibrant-looking graphics-related applications.
Table of Contents
- Android Digital Imaging: Formats, Concepts, and Optimization
- Android Digital Video: Formats, Concepts, and Optimization
- Android Frame Animation: XML, Concepts, and Optimization
- Android Procedural Animation: XML, Concepts, and Optimization
- Android DIP: Device-Independent Pixel Graphics Design
- Android UI Layouts: Graphics Design Using the ViewGroup Class
- Android UI Widgets: Graphics Design using the View Class
- Advanced ImageView: More Graphics Design Using ImageView
- Advanced ImageButton: Creating a Custom Multi-State ImageButton
- Using 9-Patch Imaging Techniques to Create Scalable Imaging Elements
- Advanced Image Blending: Using Android PorterDuff Classes
- Advanced Image Compositing: Using the LayerDrawable Class
- Digital Image Transitions: Using the TransitionDrawable Class
- Frame-Based Animation: Using the AnimationDrawable Class
- Procedural Animation: Using the Animation Classes
- Advanced Graphics: Mastering the Drawable Class
- Interactive Drawing: Using Paint and Canvas Classes Interactively
- Playing Captive Video Using the VideoView and MediaPlayer Classes
- Streaming Digital Video from an External Media Server
Post a Comment