The post in Android Developers Blog helps you get started with ActionBarCompat, from setting up the Support Library to adding an Action Bar to your UI.
An introduction to this new support library, which allows you to add a compatible Action Bar to your application, targeting Android v2.1 or newer. This DevByte covers integrating the library, from adding it as a dependency to modifying your resources and code.
For more information you can visit -
- Create library project with the appcompat v7 support library
- Example of using ActionBarCompat with android-support-v7-appcompat
- Add MenuItem to ActionBarCompat using Java
- Handle onOptionsItemSelected() for ActionBarCompat
- ActionBarCompat with Share ShareActionProvider
- ActionBarCompat with ShareActionProvider to update dynamic content