Java Programming 24-Hour Trainer, 2nd Edition is your complete beginner's guide to the Java programming language, with easy-to-follow lessons and supplemental exercises that help you get up and running quickly. Step-by-step instruction walks you through the basics of object-oriented programming, syntax, interfaces, and more, before building upon your skills to develop games, web apps, networks, and automations. This second edition has been updated to align with Java SE 8 and Java EE 7, and includes new information on GUI basics, lambda expressions, streaming API, WebSockets, and Gradle. Even if you have no programming experience at all, the more than six hours of Java programming screencasts will demonstrate major concepts and procedures in a way that facilitates learning and promotes a better understanding of the development process.
This is your quick and painless guide to mastering Java, whether you're starting from scratch or just looking to expand your skill set.
- Master the building blocks that go into any Java project
- Make writing code easier with the Eclipse tools
- Learn to connect Java applications to databases
- Design and build graphical user interfaces and web applications
- Learn to develop GUIs with JavaFX