Authors Allen Downey and Chris Mayfield start with the most basic concepts and gradually move into topics that are more complex, such as recursion and object-oriented programming. Each brief chapter covers the material for one week of a college course and includes exercises to help you practice what you’ve learned.
- Learn one concept at a time: tackle complex topics in a series of small steps with examples
- Understand how to formulate problems, think creatively about solutions, and write programs clearly and accurately
- Determine which development techniques work best for you, and practice the important skill of debugging
- Learn relationships among input and output, decisions and loops, classes and methods, strings and arrays
- Work on exercises involving word games, graphics, puzzles, and playing cards