Saturday, August 29, 2009

Create an SD Card to existing AVD

Here, I want to create an SD Card image to an AVD.

- Firstly, locate the path of your AVD, type the command in Terminal:
$android list avd

- Create a SDCard image, named "sdcard.img" (it's the default name for the emulator to load).
In my case, I want to add 16M SD Card to the /home/eric/.android/avd/my_avd_GoogleAPIs_1.5.avd.

$mksdcard 16M /home/eric/.android/avd/my_avd_GoogleAPIs_1.5.avd/sdcard.img

where /home/eric/.android/avd/my_avd_GoogleAPIs_1.5.avd/ is the path of my avd.



Restart the emulator, click Menu in Android Home screen, then click Settings > SD Card & phone storage. Now, you can see the SD Card here.

With 16M SD Card:


Without SD Card, before adding the SDCard image:


next >> Copying Files to a Disk Image


--------------------------------------------------------
it's another approach, Create SD Card in Android Emulator and copy files into, in Eclipse, Emulator and DDMS.

No comments: